CTS Series 3.2
|Model: CTS Series 3.2
Voltage: 150 - 300 V
Current: 0 - 37 A
Power: 1250 - 15000VA
Overview: IEC Compliance Test Systems: 1250-15000VA Programmable AC & DC Immunity Compliance Testing
Request A Quote
The CTS Series is a complete, turn-key compliance test system for EN IEC 1000-3-2 (Harmonics) Including A14, EN IEC 1000-3-3 (Flicker) and various EN IEC 1000-4 AC immunity tests. Consisting of an AC power source, a power analysis conditioning system (PACS) and a PC based data acquisition system, the CTS provides a complete turn-key solution for IEC testing. The Windows™ based CTS software performs the IEC tests and generates detailed test reports. Comprehensive data files are stored on disk to allow post test analysis.
The CTS system implements various IEC standards including the new Amendment 14 and provides a software only upgrade path for future standard changes.
A European style AC outlet is provided on the front panel or rear panel for easy connection of single phase loads. Three phase loads are connected using rear terminal blocks.
Covered EN IEC Standards The following tests can be performed using an iX Series based CTS system:
- EN 61000-3-2 Harmonics (A14)
- EN 61000-3-3 Flicker
- EN 61000-4-11 Voltage Dips and Interruptions (EOS Option - ED2.0)
- EN 61000-4-13 Harmonics and Inter-harmonics (requires option -413)
- EN 6100-4-17 DC Ripple
- EN 61000-4-14 Voltage Fluctuations
- EN 61000-4-28 Frequency Variations
- EN 61000-4-29 DC Dips and Interruptions (Pre-compliance)
EN 61000-3-2 Harmonics
- Full compliance testing for current harmonics emissions of class A, B, C and D products is supported. Support for both the 1998 and 2001 version (Amendment 14) of the Harmonics standard is built-in for full compliance with both harmonics standards.
EN 61000-3-3 Flicker
- Flicker PST & PLT results are displayed in realtime during the entire test. No need to wait until the entire test is completed to know if the EUT passed or failed. Both programmable and lumped reference impedance methods are available for flicker testing.
- Pre-compliance Voltage Dips and Interruptions are available on most CTS systems. For full compliance solutions, the Electronic Output Switch (option -EOS1 or -EOS3) may be added to any iX based CTS systems.
EN 61000-4-13 Interharmonics
- Testing to the EN 61000-4-13 Interharmonics standard is supported on all iX Series based CTS systems by adding the -413 option.
Other EN 61000-4 Immunity Tests
- Additional immunity test standards are supported on all iX based CTS Systems.
- Configurations The CTS system is available in both single phase and three phase configurations. Single phase configurations range in power from 1250 VA to 5000 VA.
- Three phase configurations offer 15 k VA or 18.5 A per phase at 230 V. Single phase 5001iX-CTS systems can be upgraded to three phase systems if needed.
- Measurement only CTS system versions (100- CTS and 300-CTS) can be added to an existing California Instruments power source.
Complete Test Solutions
- Complete test solutions for emissions and immunity compliance testing of AC and DC powered products
Single & Three Phase Operation
- Offers flexibility
Direct PC Bus Access
- Provides high sampling rate and resolution for accurate measurements and high speed data transfers
- provides real-time full color data display updates and continuous PASS/FAIL monitoring.
Supports Global Standards
- Supports European and Japanese standards
Easy To Use Interface
- Provides IEC test setup, data analysis, display, MS Word test reports, and data files are generated in MS Excel format
- Data storage to disk in for post-acquisition analysis and reporting
- Single Step and Fast Forward replay of recorded test data at 200 mSec
|Standard controller versions with single voltage range|
|Single Phase Systems|
|Model||VA Power||AC Source||EN61000-4||PACS Model|
|5001iX-CTS (-400)||5000 VA||5001iX (-400)||■||PACS-1|
|10001iX-CTS (-400)||10000 VA||10001iX (-400)||■||PACS-1|
|Three Phase Systems|
|15003iX-CTS (-400)||15000 VA||15003iX (-400)||■||PACS-3|
|CPU||Pentium / Athlon 2.0 GHz or faster.|
|RAM||1 GBytes or more.|
|Hard Disk||10 Gbytes or more. 30 Mbytes required for program storage.|
|Display||Color SVGA/XGA Monitor|
|Slots||Available PCI slot for A/D card.|
|Software||MS Word, Windows|
|IEEE-488||For control of the power source, a NI IEEE-488 bus controller and available PC slot, RS232 or USB port are required.|
|California Instruments will quote a PC as part of the system on request. Contact factory for
|Included with each CTS system|
|-PCI||CI400PCI PCI Bus, 16 bit A/D Card.|
|iX Series based CTS Options|
|-LR1||Lumped Reference Impedance for 3/5001iX-CTS configurations. Installed in PACS-1.|
|-LR2¹||Lumped Reference Impedance for 10001iX-CTS configuration.|
|-LR3²||Lumped Reference Impedance for 15003iX-CTS. (OMNI- 3-18i)|
|-OMNI-3-75||Lumped Reference Impedance for MX45-CTS.
(OMNI-3- 75i - 3 phase)
|-LR5||Japanese Lumped Reference Impedance (100 V) for single phase systems. (OMNI-1-37iJ)|
|-EOS1||EN/IEC 61000-4-11 AC source compliance Electronic Output
Switch for single phase CTS Systems.
|-EOS3||EN/IEC 61000-4-11 AC source compliance Electronic Output Switch for 15003iX System.|
|-411||EN/IEC 61000-4-11 Voltage Dips and Interruptions test option. (included with -EOS options)|
|-413||EN/IEC 61000-4-13 Harmonics and Inter-Harmonics test option.|
|-LNS||Internal AC Line Sync. (iX Series only)|
|-XLS||External AC Line Sync. (iX Series only)|
|C||Cabinet. System installed in 19” instrument rack. Highly recommended for all three phase systems. Prefix ‘C’ to standard model number to order.|
|CIC-PC||Suitable PC with pre-installed CTS and CIGUI software. Includes Case, keyboard, mouse, Windows and MS Word.|
|CIC-PCX||Adds 17 inch monitor and printer to CIC-PC.|
|-RMS||Rack mount slides.|
|CI400PCI||Spare PCI A/D Card|
|CI68C||Spare 37 pin signal interface cable for PCI.|
Higher Power Systems
Note 2: Option -LR3 is recommended for 15003iX-CTS systems. See App note 119 for details.