SAN DIEGO, CA (September 15, 2021) – AMETEK Programmable Power is excited to announce the Sorensen™ Asterion® DC ASA Series as the newest addition to the Asterion platform of power testing solutions. The new ASA series features three independent, isolated 600W channels for a combined 1800W total output power. These autoranging power supplies feature expanded current and voltage range at the full output power level, enabling the ability to satisfy a wider testing need without requiring the purchase of additional models.
These features make the Asterion® DC ASA Series truly unique, as there are no other multi-output power supplies currently available that can achieve the same power level. Having three channels allows for higher output power and a wider output voltage range, all in a competitively priced 1U form factor. The Asterion® DC ASA Series is the next evolution in the programmable power space.
- 3 independent, isolated 600W channels
- Total power density up to 1800W in a 1U chassis
- 4 autoranging output channel options from 60 VDC at 42 A to 400 VDC at 6 A
- Global single-phase and three-phase AC input power options
- Intuitive color touch panel control
- Multi-language display for global operation
- Multi-channel programmable sequencing, ramps and delays
- Active power factor correction (PFC)
- Standard LXI LAN, USB, and RS232 interfaces
- Remote on/off, inhibit, trigger in/out and monitor signals
- Optional remote analog programming and GPIB interface
- Full remote control via Virtual Panels™
- Standard Asterion 5-year warranty
Control via Front Panel Touchscreen & Encoder Knob or available digital control interfaces
The Asterion® DC ASA Series is Digital Signal Processor (DSP) controlled and can be operated from the intuitive, easy-to-use front panel touchscreen or the LXI LAN, USB and RS232 standard control interfaces, as well as through the optional GPIB control interface. The touchscreen function group icons include a Dashboard, Output Programming Parameters, Measurements, Configuration, Control Interfaces, and System Settings. Function selection and parameter entry can be achieved either by direct selection from the touchscreen or by using the encoder selector button. The control resolution is adjusted by a dynamic rate change algorithm that combine the benefits of precise control over small parameter changes with quick sweeps through the entire range.
- The Asterion® DC ASA Series is designed for testing today’s complex electronics, including telecommunications and commercial electronics requiring low profile, light weight power supplies with high power density. Other applications include:
- ATE applications
- Military and aerospace electronics test
- DC power simulation
- Commercial manufacturing and process control
- Research and development
- Automotive component and battery testing
For further information about the Asterion® DC ASA Series and more, visit ProgrammablePower.com.
Located in San Diego, CA, AMETEK Programmable Power designs, manufactures, and markets precision, AC and DC programmable power supplies, electronic loads, application specific power subsystems, and compliance test solutions for customers requiring and valuing differentiated power products and services. Also part of our business is VTI Instruments, which delivers precision modular instrumentation and systems for electronic signal distribution, acquisition, and monitoring, used in the world's most demanding test applications.
AMETEK Programmable Power boasts one of the industries' broadest portfolios of programmable power products under the well-known and respected Sorensen, Elgar, and California Instruments brands. AMETEK Programmable Power’s products serve a wide range of stimulus (T&M) and process power needs in applications including semiconductor fabrication, commercial and defense ATE, oil exploration, solar array and battery string simulation, avionics, general R&D and EMC compliance testing.
VTI Instruments provides products and systems which are used to monitor and record data that characterizes the physical integrity and performance of aircraft, engines, and other large structures, as well as automate the functional testing of complex electronic systems. VTI Instruments is recognized as an industry leader with a reputation of providing reliable data, first time, every time.
With strong brands, a broad product portfolio, exceptional precision power conversion and control expertise, proven power system integration capabilities and deep applications knowledge, AMETEK Programmable Power is your source for programmable power supplies, precision data acquisition instruments, and more.